Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Cleaning

I spent the majority of last week cleaning my apartment. After recently visiting my friend, 2 weeks ago, I was impressed with what she had done with hers. I told her that I wanted her to come and help me do something with mine. Back at the end of April, my friend and her mom moved from a 2 bedroom house to a 2 bedroom apartment - not her choice. So, she had to seriously downgrade and get rid of a lot of stuff - mainly 8 boxes of books (she loves to read). It took her a really long time to get it done because she works 8-10 hours/5-6 days a week and her mom has back problems, so she was unable to help her as much as she'd like to. The only time she was able to do anything was on the days she had off and sometimes in the evening when she wasn't tired. She finally got her apartment done the week of 8/16, so that following weekend (the 22nd) I finally got to see the finished project. It looked really good. Her new place is approximately the same size as mine - and I live alone. But, somehow in the past 5 years that I've been single, I have accumulated so much stuff that it was everywhere. It wasn't really messy, just very disorganized. I used my spare bedroom as a storage area for all the stuff I'm currently not using and before this past week, it looked like a tornado hit it. So, I decided to start getting stuff organized and throw stuff away. It's starting to look a lot better now, but I not completely done yet. I have a lot of stuff that I stuck in boxes to go through at a later date to decide what I need to get rid of and what I want to keep. I also have to work on my kitchen. I don't have much counter space, so I've set up a little table to put stuff on and now it's covered. I bought some storage shelves that are easy to put together and I can use it temporarily until I can find something else to use. It's a slow process when you live alone and no one to help or offer tips. So, that's basically what I've been doing. It really didn't leave much time for my internet activities or anything else, especially when working 8 hours a day. At least I do get weekends off which is nice... more time to do stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My new website!

Hello and thank you for visiting my blogger site! If you have noticed, I haven't posted anything since 2014. That is because I have...