Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Bible Shopping

This evening after work, I went to Books-A-Million and picked up the paperback version of the NKJV Women's Study bible. I've been looking for a good one for quite some time now, but just really haven't found on that caught my eye. They're so expensive and I really didn't want a great big one. However, yesterday, I went to this website called Christianbook.com - a great website, btw, to get discounted Christian books, movies, music, etc) because I wanted to pre-order Lysa TerKeurst's new book, Becoming More than a Good Bible Study Girl (very ironic, don't ya think?), which will be shipped out this Friday. I thought since it's still pending, I could probably add on to my order. So, before I left work this evening, I decided to do a search for some study bibles. It's nice because they are similar to Amazon in that they have previews of the books before you decide whether you want to order it or not and I really liked what I saw. So, since I decided I wanted to head over the Books-A-Million this evening, I thought I'd look it up to compare prices. Techncally, it was cheaper online, but after figuring in taxes and shipping prices, it basically came out the same, or a little cheaper. Plus, I have a discount card through the store, so that did help me out some. Now, I can't wait to start using it. I also picked up this devotional by Max Lucado called Grace for the Moment. This particular one that I bought combines both volume 1 & 2 into morning and evening devotions for each day. I really liked it because it offers a question and some empty lines to write down your thoughts. Of course, I prefer using a seperate notebook or journal because they never leave enough space for me. :) I really like Max Lucado's books, so I thought this would be a nice daily devotional. Plus, with both volumes combined into one, I didn't have to decide which one I wanted. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

My new website!

Hello and thank you for visiting my blogger site! If you have noticed, I haven't posted anything since 2014. That is because I have...