Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Resisting Discouragement - Tools @ PurposeDriven.com

I receive a daily devotional from the Purpose Driven website. Today's devotion was on Resisting Disouragement. The key verse was: “So don’t get tired of doing what is good. Don’t get discouraged and give up, for we will reap a harvest of blessing at the appropriate time” (Galatians 6:9 NLT) In the devotion he says: Ask yourself these questions: • How do I handle failure? • When things don’t go my way, do I get grumpy? • When things don’t go my way, do I get frustrated? • When things don’t go my way, do I start complaining? • Do I finish what I start? • How would I rate on persistence? If you’re discouraged, don’t give up without a fight. Nothing worthwhile ever happens without endurance and energy. I wanted to share this because I know there are many times when I am grumpy, especially first thing in the morning. Either I'll be running late, I can't find something, or I've forgotten something. So, by the time I get ready to head out the door, I just want to give up and start the day over. Usually, for me, it seems that if I've already had a bad morning, it makes for a really bad day. I also tend to complain or get frustrated easily, which is what happend to me yesterday because I couldn't get my work done. It was so noisy and I couldn't concentrate. Finally, when it finally calmed down & I could concentrate on my work, I'd got upset because someone would want to talk or ask me a question. I wasn't mean or angry with them, but I'm sure they noticed, by the tone of my voice, that I was a little upset and frustrated. I eventually had to take a break so I could calm my nerves. There have also been many times that I've tried starting a specific project and would easily get frustrated when things aren't going the way I want them to. I've wanted to give up many times, but I've noticed from past experience that things don't always go as planned, but as long I don't give up and keep trying, things will usually work itself out. Sometimes even better than I had first planned. If you'd like to read the full devotional, I've shared the link below. http://www.purposedriven.com/article.do?method=articlePage&contentId=201822 Shared via AddThis

No comments:

Post a Comment

My new website!

Hello and thank you for visiting my blogger site! If you have noticed, I haven't posted anything since 2014. That is because I have...